Brazil: Ministerio da Cultura, Inst. Brasileiro do Patrimonio Cultural, Paco Imp. De 20 de Agosto a 26 de Stembro, 1993. bios., in folio. Item #35524
Inaugural catalogue for this import center for art in Brazil. The origin of the school goes back to the invitation made by the then mayor of Belo Horizonte, Juscelino Kubitschek, in 1943, for the artist Alberto da Veiga Guignard to direct the Escola de Belas Artes. Accepting the task, Guignard moves to the mining capital. A year later, the school would be merged with the School of Architecture at the then named Institute of Fine Arts in Belo Horizonte. In 1994 the building that houses the School since then was inaugurated. Built next to Serra do Curral, this work by architect Gustavo Penna is full of symbolism, reaffirming the cultural tradition of Minas Gerais in a contemporary language. Classified by Projeto magazine as one of the 30 most important architectural works in Brazil.