Tuxtla Gutiérrez: Consejo Estatal para las Culturas y las Artes de Chiapas, Coneculta Chiapas, 2017. b/w, duo tone and color plates, ports., facs., maps, plans, elevations, bibliographical references (page 279), color pict. boards. Item #111659
The book documents with texts and images the process of restoration and recovery of the old municipal palace, now the Museum of San Cristóbal de las Casas (Musac) and the Parque de los Héroes square, adjacent to the neoclassical building, in a multidisciplinary collaborative work that involved architects, restorers, designers, chroniclers, historians, artisans and academic and cultural institutions. In 2014, the local government moved to a new location. The neoclassic mansion built by engineer Carlos Z. Flores in 1885, was left in run-down condition. The architectural firm of C Cúbica Arquitectos (Andrea Cesarman, Emilio Cabrero, MArco Coello and staff) restored the building, with the involvement of craftspeople and specialists, who used vernacular methods to bring back the original finish of the walls. This restoration project won in 2017 the Excelence Prize of the annual “Charter Awards,” of The Congress for the New Urbanism (CNU). This is the first Mexican project to be acknowledged by the CNU. CONTENTS: Palacio Municipal -- Siglo XVII -- Siglo XVIII -- Siglo XIX -- Sala de Protocolo -- Akio Hanafuji -- Vision y tradición -- Jovel -- Palacio Municipal -- El reloj público -- CNU. ENGLISH, SPANISH AND MAYA LANGUAGE TEXTS.