LOS MURALISTAS EN GALERÍAS PACÍFICO. [curaduría y textos, Cecilia Rabossi, Cristina Rossi].
Place Published: Buenos Aires
Publisher: Centro Cultural Borges
Date Published: May 2008
Pages: 50 p
Book Id: 95323
color & b/w plates, bibls., bios/chrons., facs. wrps. OCLC: 644522856
Exhibition and important documentation on the murals that now occupy the Shopping Mall Galerías Pacífico. The building was originally constructed in 1889 as a branch of the "Au Bon Mardché de París department store, it later became the venue for the first Museo de Bellas Artes. In the 1920s the Railroad took over the whole building and became abandoned in the 1930s. In 1944 Berni, Spilimbergo, Urruchúa, Castagnino, Colmeiro former the Taller de Arte Mural and when the building was renovated in 1946 the Taller created murals for the building. Catalogue contains a helpful chronology for mural work in Buenos Aires by the Taller members (before and after their formation).